Top

Injured teen to ‘make full recovery’ – Police reveal

January 8, 2018

A young boy who was knocked down in Camlough village on Saturday is expected to make a full recovery, police have said.

The 13-year-old pedestrian was struck by a car while walking on the main Newtown Road, close to the Cloughan Court housing development.  The accident happened around 3.00pm and the road was closed for several hours to facilitate emergency services to attend the scene.

The NI Air Ambulance was tasked to airlift the young victim to Belfast’s Royal Victoria Hospital for treatment to his injuries, where doctors later described his condition as stable.

Police have appealed to anyone who may have witnessed the collision to contact them by telephoning 101 and quoting reference 841 of 6/1/18.

Posting on its Facebook page, the PSNI’s South Area Communications Team revealed details of the “serious incident”, advising motorists of diversions in place and requesting to speak to anyone who was in or around the area at the time.

A later post thanked the public for their understanding and patient response and revealed the young boy had been examined in hospital, adding: “we’re told he’ll make a full recovery”.

“We can’t do this type of job without your support and the support of our blue light family, a big shout out to the ‘Medics in the sky’ and the ‘Medics on the road’, without their efforts today the story may very well have been different,” the post read.

Local Sinn Fein councillor Roisin Mulgrew offered her best wishes for a speedy recovery to the teenager and also appealed to anyone with information to contact police.

Bottom